For many years, people in the UK have been applying for visas to work in China. Obtaining a visa requires the submission of correctly attested documents. You cannot simply provide copies of your academic qualifications and expect to be offered employment. Documents have to be correctly prepared and attested by the Chinese Embassy in London.
This may sound simple enough, but the reality is quite different. You will need to visit solicitors in the UK, contact the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, provide supporting documents and then submit these to the embassy in London. At this point you need to make sure your documents are correctly prepared as the embassy regularly implement changes to the way documents need to be submitted.
The most common documents we attest include degree certificates and criminal record checks. If you are applying to teach in China you may need to attest your teaching qualification, TEFL or TESOL certificate.
Points to consider when submitting documents to the embassy-
- You need to provide a copy of your passport
- The name on your documents should be identical to the one shown on your passport.
- If your full name is not correctly printed on the document being processed an additional sworn statement needs to be prepared by a solicitor
- Some documents must be issued in the last 3 months
- Not all documents can be bound as a set
- When documents are prepared as a set, they should be correctly certified and legally bound by the solicitor or notary public
Using our Chinese embassy legalisation service will save you both time and money. We have years of experience working with the embassy in London and respond quickly to their ever changing demands.
Our service includes-
- Document checks and preparation of papers
- Solicitor certification if required
- Apostille from the FCO
- Attestation at the Chinese Embassy
- Creation of supporting documents if necessary
A one-stop document legalisation service makes the whole process simple. You simply send us your documents, a copy of your passport and the completed order form. We take care of everything else.
What does the Chinese attestation look like?
Below is a sample of the certificate added by the Chinese embassy.
For advice on using our service, do not hesitate to chat with one of our team members.